I can't belive tomorrow marks one year since I decided to start my journey!!! It's incredible how fast this year has gone...
To review what I have gone through this year
Until about the 4 month mark I was pretty much in the regret stage.. I wasnt able to eat much and the mental challenge was way harder then I had anticipated. after that time frame things began to get eaiser.
After that time period I struggled with some odd pains in my belly which the doctors kept telling me it was gas.. Umm come to find out it wasnt.. I had gal stones and finally had my gal bladder removed on1/21/13..
Since then... I have not lost any more weight.. on that date I weighed in at 160.. My weight has been going from 158-160...and here we are 3 months later. It has truley been a struggle for me mentally not to see the scale move. I became so use to it moving downwards that this kind of made me give up. I forgot why i started this journey in the first place.. I had to come to terms that the whole reason I made the decision to take this journey was to improve my life style to change my life style and to learn different ways.
In the last two month my eating habits have just gone back to the way they use to be. Tons of junk food and no good nutritious foods. i feel like my stomach can handle more food which scares me too.
But recently this month I got back on track.. I started to eat healthier and work out more. This has helped motivate me in tons of ways. although I still havent seen that scale move and although its still a very tough thing for me to understand I know I can do this. I can remain healthy and I can be okay with the 160 weight. I have come so far to stop now. I remember when people would ask me what my ideal goal weight would be I told them 160 and now I am sitting here at 160 and im mad.. why?? I am not sure but I shouldnt be.. I should be happy that I lost about 87 pounds in one year!! Thats an amazing #...
My goals now are to just maintain where I am and to learn how to accept that I am not perfect, i dont have that washboard stomach.. I am a mother of 4 beautfiul children and a wife to a husband that loves me more then anything, just the way I am... If I do succesffully lose more weight that is great but I will stop dwelling on the fact that I havent. I will continue to eat as clean and healthy as possible, I will continue to work out as much as possible... and I will continue to stay positive!!! Life is to short to dwell on the things you can't change.. or to focus to much on the things that may be possible...
I will be taking my measurements tomorrow since that is officially my anniversary.. and taking some photos of then and now.. and I will post those hopefully next week.
This journey is just begining.. And I am so excited that I received the opportunity to change my life!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment