This is a LONG one!!!
Surgery Day has come and GONE! The start of this journey has been way different then I had thought! Lets start with surgery day! The night before i had to clear my entire system so to start off with i was starving! then I get to the surgery center with my husband and mother in law to find out that the surgeon is 2 hours behind schedule. They got the IV started and I stayed in a general surgery area with one other girl who was scheduled to go before me. I was not nervous at all just super thirsty and hungry by this point. Here it came: 6:00 Pm and the nurse tells me the Dr is done with the prior surgery and I should be in shortly. The Dr came out to make sure I was ready to go and still ready to go through with this process.... at that point is when I started to get nervous!! but it was too late to turn back I had to go through with this now... then I was met by the dr that will give me the "happy" juice LOL... He also asked if i was ready. I told him as long as he promises to keep me alive throughout this surgery then I am ready.. he said then lets go.... I was wheeled away from my hubby and mother in law. they wheeled me into the surgery room which totally looked like a surgery room, totally scary looking and couldnt wait to be put to sleep.. they tied my arms out to the side and then I really started to get scared. the Dr came in and asked how I was doing and asked if I was okay, said he was going to give me something to relax before he puts me out. I remember telling him again "just please keep me alive" he says " I will, I promise" and then snooooooze time for me. After that I remember going to my room (the room after the recovery room) and saw my hubby and mother in law- 1st thing i remeber asking was" is my bandana on my head" and then remember my hubby saying it was time for him to go, at the time it felt like I was just wheeled into that room and he was leaving but totally understood. I said goodbye to him and woke up the next morning. That was the best sleep ever!! when I woke up I remember being pain free- just thinking to myself this surgery was a piece of cake.... then the day continued on and I started to feel soooo depressed and in pain. Not your normal type of pain, not the pain that I had read about in all the forums but a differnt kind of pain. I felt like there was a horse sitting on my chest, I couldnt really breath all that well and felt like I was going to barf! I had no other people in the room to support me and at the end of the evening just wanted to call my mom, as soon as I called her my hubby walked in and I started to cry, just break down, not sure why but I did. I woke up the next morning and felt like a totally differnt person. the chest pain started going away, the nausea started going away, I started drinking apple juice and ice chips, totally scared as to if I was going to throw them up or not, but they stayed down very well. I was discharged from the hospital around 4:00pm on Sunday. The ride home was long and my tummy felt every single bump in the road. I got home and was just in heaven, I didnt have any gas pains, no nausea, but the stitching on the right side was bothering me. As the days passed I tried to do nothing but rest, I was able to walk around and sip on apple juice and water, life just keeps getting easier.
I went through a couple days of regret as to why I did this, if the hubby was happy with me and the way I was..... this surgery was optional for me and I couldnt belive I did it. but as the days pass I feel more and more comfortable with my decision... I know I made the right choice to do this.
I am scheduled to go see the surgeon for my 1st follow up tomorrow so hopefully he moves me over to pureed foods. My mind tells me to eat but my tummy says I am okay with my liquids. I think as soon as I get approved for pureed foods the mental hunger will start to go away.. at least I hope so....
Here are pics taken on Surgery Day 4/27/12
No comments:
Post a Comment