Tuesday, October 25, 2011

So far this is the process I have followed for the Sleeve Process through Kaiser:
I had the 2 hour orientation that is required- I weighed in at 245.46, this weight made my BMI 39.63. in order to qualify my BMI had to be 40. So I was then requested to make an appointment with the doctor to confirm if they would approve me to take the 12 week required class. So I scheduled that apt on friday 9/30/11. My apt is scheduled for 10/3/11- I went to that apt and talked to the doctor, he required the nurse to get my correct height as this plays a huge part in determining my BMI, when she did that the Height that I originally said I was (which was 5'6) was wrong, she did my height and said I was only  5'5 and a half... Which of course made all the difference and with that half inch put my BMI at exactly 40. So after my discussion with the doctor he approved me to take the required 12 week class. I was called on 10/12/11 and they said my class start date would be 10/21/11. I had my first class and weighed in at 242.6.. pretty good little loss for the week. I did my measurments on 10/24/11 just so I can have a starting point on that too. So here are the (scary)measurments....
Upper arm area: 14 inches
Bust Area- 47 inches
Stomach area- 47 and 1/2 inches
Thigh area- 26 inches
Butt area- 52 Inches.

Lets hope after this process these numbers will be drastically different!!!! but this is where I am as of today.. I will update the bog periodically with updates on the weight and measurments!
Take care......

1 comment: